The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Thursday 8 April 2010

Cherry Blossoms and Sunshine!!

Spring is here!! Well, sorta. It's still a little chilly but the beautiful cherry blossoms and other flowers have been opening and the sun have been shining every day! We just need the temperature to get hotter. It will be any day now. My co-teachers have been telling me this cold weather is very strange for April in Jeju.

Here are some pictures from the Cherry Blossom festival we went to (except the location did not actually have cherry blossoms for some reason! lol). At the festival, black pork and horse were being served. They also had the popular rice cake, which is a type of bakery treat made out of rice, which usually has some type of filling, maybe red bean or honey. We also saw some very insane performers, who looked like men dressed up in woman's clothing! We were a little confused by that!! :) Some pictures are of the beautiful cherry blossoms and other flowers that you can see all over Mt. Sarabong (the mountain/park near our home). I took these earlier this week when I was hiking Sarabong after school with my friend Magda. It always amazes me how beautiful of an area we live in and how this park is so natural and has so many breathtaking sites! Here's a video I took, so you can try to experience it as well.

I also randomly put in a picture of my principal, Mr. Kim, and I from back in December during a field trip we took on the last day of school to a fossil museum. He IS shorter than me, but encouraged me to duck down so that he could be taller. :) He has a great sense of humor! You can also see a few of the other young and first year teachers at my school...we're all the same age, which is very important and special in Korea. Age matters a lot and this means that we're all close friends, because we're close in age!



































No comments:

Post a Comment