The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 13 December 2009

OMG! OMG! OMG!
























"Realize your youth while you have it. Don't squander the gold of your days, listening to the tedious, trying to improve the hopeless failure, or giving away your life to the ignorant, the common, and the vulgar. Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you!"




The students at my school have finished their 3rd day of finals and have one more to go! Wahooo! It's nice because I have this time off from teaching, so while all the other teachers in the building are running around with test packets and scantrons, I have peace and quiet in the office.
To all the hard-working 1st and 2nd graders who studied so hard and now are facing the 4 day test...Congrats!! Poblecitos:( Poor little things! However, they all seem to be in a good mood with the weather not too cold and the sun shining. As I walked outside today for some fresh air, all the boys'
classes had their windows opened and all I could see were their heads sticking out the window and all yelling "Hi Tina Teacher! I love you!" And meanwhile, I see another boy who actually climbs out the window (this is from the 3rd floor), onto the ledge to grab his fallen sandel (their "slippers" that they wear in the school). Oh, those silly boys! The things they can get away with! :) Kids would never be able to climb out of the window in the US! Well, anyways, the kids are so cute and it's been a nice day.




During these days off of teaching, I have perfected my winter camp lessons that will be beginning the 1st week of January. I'm very excited to have my own small class of about 8-10 well-behaved students. Plus I have lots of fun activities and games that I'm even looking forward to! The last few days have also consisted of me spending two 45-minute classes with three of the top students at my school who will be going to the foreign language high-school (which is difficult to get into) next year. I
chose a topic each day and we had a good discussion. It was interesting when we talked about inventions today. We discussed the meaning of
civilization, the powerful and life-changing impact of
the light-bulb and of stitching. The students also explained what they would like to invent for the future. One student said a robot to carry her heavy bag to school. Another student said something to control her dreams so she cannot have nightmares. And another student said a vending machine that served free food, drinks, and clothes to everyone. :) Smart kids! We finished the class talking about the positive and negative effects of inventing the airplane, school, and plastic surgery. I was impressed with their answers. I love talking about the future and thinking about how things might be, as well as the impact inventions bring. Friday we talked about movies and TV and the positive and negative influence they bring. Tomorrow, our last day of discussion, will be centered around friendship...the meaning, the definition, the influence they bring.





















This past weekend was full of relaxation, yet was ironically very productive as well. Keith and I finished our planning for our busy 4 countries winter vacation. After speaking to other English teachers who have already visited these areas, and doing lots of research online, as well as reading some travel books, we now feel like we know the places we want to see, the fun activities we want to do, and we understand how to travel efficiently and how to manage our time while on our trips. After being at the coffee shop for several hours, Keith left early to head back to the apartment, while I did a little x-mas shopping for my co-teachers and other staff at school. Keith went back to finish preparing an early b-day/x-mas/2 year anniversary surprise he had been planning for me with the help of his co-teacher, G-Won. I was so excited and when I finally was allowed to come back to the apartment, I went inside to see a really nice smoothed and polished mahogany shade of brown low table for our apartment with comfy seats/chairs to match for sitting on the floor Korean-style. There was also a plush velvety rug to match our apartment underneath the table. It was the perfect gift.......a place where we can eat, have our special tea or coffee time to chat, or for me to use when I'm working on my laptop, or to watch movies from, etc....it's pretty sweet!! And it will always remind me of being in korea for my 24th b-day. Along with the gift, he also got me a heating mat for our bed since I'm always cold. I'm in love with it!!! After receiving a gift like that, I honestly feel like an adult. Furniture for my b-day? A huge gift like that? What happened to a picture frame and a rose? It was so thoughtful of him and compliments our place....it feels like home and it's so nice for us to finally say we have our first little place together. And now it's nicely decorated and we're living comfortably.














My x-mas/b-day/2 yr. anniversary from Keith! :)




So to catch you up with more events going on in my life right now, I can just tell you that my head has been spinning! I've had a hard time falling right to sleep because there's so many exciting things on my mind and celebrations approaching! I just finished X-mas shopping for my teachers and making their home-made X-mas cards. I am giving little gifts to my principal, vice-principal, and my four main co-teachers. Plus I will make a huge bowl of puppy chow for the entire staff the last day before winter break, as well as giving them a packet of hot chocolate with marshmallows (very, very difficult to find here!) with a little note that says, "You've been bad so here's the scoop, all you get is snowman poop." Hopefully my teachers won't think I'm crazy and will understand the humor!
Keith is having his co-teachers over for a home-made delicious Italian dinner on Friday, so I'll be there by his side, helping him host it. Can't wait! And now we have a place to sit Korean-style on the floor!
Also, I just bought a bunch of cute gag gifts that I will be giving to the students who's names I pull out for their lottery next week. Starting this wednesday until next tuesday, all my final classes will consist of me watching a Simpson's episode 19 times (oh my!!)since my students have earned their English "TV Show Day".
Then, once break is here, it's already Christmas Eve, then Christmas. I think my whole building will be having a small celebration. There's about 9 of us in the apartment complex and we're talking about each floor making a different cocktail, and everyone sharing food and holiday treats, while watching x-mas movies, listening to x-mas music, and maybe fitting in some x-mas games as well, plus doing a secret santa....just a little holiday spirit with a x-mas cocktail party. Then the next morning we'll be getting together again for a late brunch on x-mas morning.

For my birthday (only 2 weeks!), I think we'll probably go out for sushi rolls at this Japanese restaurant called California Sushi, with a group of our friends and then head to the bars for some white russians:)...plus then the next day is new years...which is hUGE here...their biggest holiday! Then I have 3 weeks of my winter camp, and wahooooooo our first big winter vacation is already here!!!

These are only half the things going through my head!!! Can you understand now why I can't sleep?? Well, have to go now because my school day is over and teachers are starting to head off, but will finish writing next time!



This is the cute x-mas dog that my parents sent! I brought it to school and had the janitor (who works in the copy room and takes care of other things) help me unscrew the back with his screwdriver and then when he put the batteries in, he was laughing so hard and liked it too! Then, when I played it at home for Keith, the dog was rolling all over our wooden floors and into my arms.....we were both cracking up! We love our new puppy Doof!! He's our goofy X-mas dog, Doof!! :)




Doof, our new Christmas puppy!!!!

Dooooooof!

No comments:

Post a Comment