The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 17 April 2011

More Farewells







I never posted pictures from my winter camp back in February, so here they are! This camp was a lot of fun because each day we cooked a different type of food together from around the world.

Here are the foods we made:
-tacos
-pizza
-hamburgers
-Vietnamese salad rolls
-sandwiches


The camp was five days and from 9am-12:30pm. It was sad to end the camp because the kids were so darn good! Also, the students were all 2nd graders and since it was now the end of their 2nd year in middle school, they would be heading to 3rd grade. This means that I would no longer be teaching them. :( It's sad to say goodbye to my wonderful students, but luckily I still see them in the hallway and they always chat with me and catch up!












More goodbyes for the month included wishing off Bethany Carlson- a friend and popular photographer on Jeju. She actually asked me to be a model for one of her shoots back in November, which was an amazing and fun experience! I will miss her creativity and positive impact that she has had on so many people here. I know she will be a successful photographer back in her hometown in California. Good luck Bethany!

Another farewell was saying bye to our friend Mona. She is such a fun person and I enjoyed learning bellydancing from her at a yoga retreat last year. She will be going back home to Canada, but she insists that we will meet again in the future (possibly back in Jeju). We'll miss you Mona!


And finally, we sent off our friend Sujeon by saying one last good luck to her at the airport last week. It is a tradition in Korea to meet at the airport before the flight and take one last group picture, so we continued the tradition. She will be living in Canada for 6 months to study English. Luckily, she is staying with her fiance's (our friend Dan)parents. I'm sure they'll have a great time getting to know one another. And when she comes back next year, they will be getting married in the summer. I can't wait to be at their wedding!














Bethany's farewell dinner at Rajmahall!


















































Wishing Sujeon off at the airport for her 6 month Canada adventure!






































Mona's farewell dinner at Bagdad's Cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment