The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 17 April 2011

My new five finger shoes!












So I just got these new froggy shoes, as you might call them. Yes, they look really weird, but they are super comfy! A bunch of athletic foreigners here in Jeju have been wearing them and speaking so highly of the shoes that I just had to figure out what the fuss was about. I first read this article and after hearing how great they are for your feet, what they are designed and used for, and how they feel like you're not even wearing shoes, I was sold.



Here is an article that explains the shoes and why they are good for your feet.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/05/07/vibram-five-fingers-shoes/



One thing you must know about me is that I really hate wearing shoes. I know that sounds funny but as soon as the weather permits, I start wearing flip flips because they're not as bulky as gym shoes. However, they are definitely not practical. Keith always teases me that I'm always wearing flip flops at the wrong times ...walking through a cave, hiking a mountain, riding a bike, walking far distances, etc. And each time I do this, I end up not enjoying the day because of the pain that I put my feet through.

Well, the finger shoes is a new solution! Not only are these shoes great for casual walking, hiking, at the gym, in the water, for running and for sports, but they're very comfortable, practical and look pretty cool in my opinion!


Here is the website that shows the different types of five finger shoes, and also where you can order them!

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
javascript:void(0)

I just received them a few weeks ago and am currently using them for casual walking because I don't want to ware them out with all the running I'm doing for marathon training. Last week, I wore them to school when I started my b-ball after-school class and I was shocked by the reactions of my students. They did think they looked funny and like frog feet; however, the boys all were jealous of the shoes and loved them! They insisted that I give my shoes to them! They were all oohing and ahhing and crowding around me asking me, "how much teacher?! and saying "really teacher?! frog shoes teacher!". It was hilarious and I think I definitely scored some cool teacher points.

These shoes might become the new popular thing in America, so if I were you I'd check out the website and order a pair now while they're still being sold! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment