The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Raw Food Body Cleanse

Hi~

So after eating at a deep dish chicago style potluck at our friend's place a few weekends ago, Keith and I decided it was a good time to start our 5 day raw body cleanse. We had heard of this cleanse from friends who have tried it here and we have only heard great things from it.

The raw body cleanse is basically where you eat only raw fruits and veggies for 5 days (or however long you want) in order to give your body a break from working so hard (breaking down complex and preservative foods). There are so many cleanses out there that you can find different ones to fit you, but the one we did was where you only eat fruits and veggies either raw or in the blender as a juice or smoothie. You can also have a lil coconut oil, almonds or raw nuts, seeds and avocado to give you more energy and for your good fats/proteins. However, you want most of what your eating to be fruits and veggies. Also, if you have juices and smoothies it's much easier for your system to digest it than eating the raw fruits and veggies as solid food.

Not only is this great for your digestion system, but also it's supposed to give you a lot of energy, make you feel happier, healthier, and is good for your skin, nails, hair, etc.


Well, Keith and I found the cleanse to be a good experience but not exactly the results we were hoping for. I think we already eat really healthy so our bodies didn't need so much of a rest. After 4 days of doing the cleanse keith and I were just kind of bored with only eating veggies and fruit and our bodies told us that it wanted real food so we went and ate mexican food haha (but the food there is really natural and healthy).

The cleanse made both of us a little tired. However, I did feel alert throughout most of the day and not weighed down by food. Since I was still doing my bodyrock workouts I think my body needed more carbs and calories. I'm not sure if I would do the cleanse again unless it was only for 2-3 days and after I had eaten a lot of unhealthy food. It was a good experience though and I'm still having fruit or veggie smoothies as part of my diet, but that's not the only thing I'm eating.

I'm not sure if I gained much from the cleanse, but I definitely feel like I'm getting stronger and more lean because of the bodyrock workouts that I've been doing now each day for a month and also b/c of my overall diet and healthy things I've been adding to it.

One thing I did learn from the cleanse was the reminder to eat only when you're hungry and to not eat until you are so full that you feel sick. Doing this cleanse is a great way to practice self-control over what you eat and remember that you eat to make yourself feel good and healthy (not full and surviving lol). I love being aware of what I'm putting in my body and knowing that the food is providing me with nutrition and health benefits.

Well, hope this gives you some idea on what a body cleanse is and let me know if you ever give it a try. If you're interested, I have tons of smoothie recipes you could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment