The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Monday 28 September 2009

School Field Trip









This maroon colored plant is called a galdae reed...it is very popular on Jeju Island. I think it's so pretty! The picture of the branch is covered with mushrooms.




This is my amazing co-teacher, Sun Yeong Kang. She has been so helpful with everything and we work great as a team in my 1st grade classes (in middle level/ 6th grade).


One Saturday, I went with 15 teachers at my school and 25 students to a small mountain. It was for the wellfare program that my school heads and supports the students with low-income families to special trips each year. The new national park/mountain that we went to just opened and it had a tour guide that took us around and showed the newly planted flowers, trees and other wildlife that is supposed to be a small model of Mt. Halla and will one day become a larger national park similar to it. Although the tour guide told us the names and all about the different wildlife, I did not understand any of the Korean so I listened to my wonderful co-teacher, Mrs. Kang, who explained some of it to me, and I talked with most of the students in English while we walked the path. It had a lot of fun getting to know the students (especially since some I do not have in classes so now they say hi to me at school), and was able to spend extra time with my co-teacher and meet her kids, who had lunch with all of us afterwards at a nice buffet (with sushi!!), close to our school. Above are pictures from the walk, and with the students, who lovvved to speak English with me and share their music on their i-pods with me! They love the Korean dance music: Big Bang, Brown Eyed Girl, Abracadabra, and they also love Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson! I also have a video of some of the Korean girl students! It's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment