The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Thursday 15 July 2010

Bachelorette Party



Last Friday, the night before our pre-wedding celebration, my close girlfriends here threw a bachelorette party for me and it was more than I could have asked for!

They told me to be ready at 7pm and that was all I knew. When they came right at 7, I opened the door, and already the first picture snapped! The first place they took me was to a nail salon where my friends, Kyla, Magda and I all got a manicure. Once our nails were finished and all pretty, they took me to a Japanese sushi restaurant. It was the first time I had been there so I was shocked when the friendly waiter and cook were so confident with speaking English to us. We ate salmon sushi rolls and California rolls, along with veggie wraps and soup! It was absolutely delicious! After dinner, they took me into the next town over to a fancy shnancy piano/jazz bar where they had performers all night. Our seats were on a couch right next to the window which overlooked the ocean (Tapdong area). The inside was nicely decorated with the lights dim. After listening to a few songs and drinking a few fun cocktails, about 10 other girls all showed up and then the party started! Some of the ladies made me wear an embarrassing hat/banner that explained that I was the bride-to-be (in English and Korean) and that I was getting hitched! The rest of the night was filled with some tequila shots and many many cocktails. We ended up dancing the night away with tons of other Korean women and the performers insisted on buying me drinks as well! They spoke really good English and sang for us all night (popular western songs too). The night ended with me walking the 30 minutes back to our apartment with Kyla and Magda and snacking on some crackers and flavored water in hopes of feeling at least a lil ok in the morning. haha Thanks to all of my amazing friends on Jeju for throwing such a sweet party! It was a wonderful night!

Except……… when I got back I found that Keith was missing…..he had been taken by a few of our guy friends out for a lil party. He unfortunately didn’t make it back until 4am because his dancing caused him to have a lil fall on a hidden split table (he didn’t see that there was space between 2 tables because of a tablecloth) and after leaning against it, he fell and hit his ear pretty bad. It was as if scissors cut his earth into half! The damage was 13 stitches! Poor Keith had to go to the pre-wedding party the next day looking like Frankenstein! At least all of our friends now know Keith as “the CRAZY dancer”…willing to do anything for some good dance moves!













No comments:

Post a Comment