The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 18 July 2010

'Share Your Life With The USA' project

This last month, I have been working on a HUGE project with my middle school students. The project is called 'Share Your Life With The USA'. The students worked in groups of 5-6 students and had to choose one topic related to Korean culture. This could be clothing, Jeju Island attractions, food, music, games, school life, temples, the home, holidays, etc. Each group in a class had different topics and they could make a poster, PPT, video, magazine, book, recipe book, etc. The whole idea was for them to learn more about their culture, share their culture with my friends and family (when I go home this summer/ sharing this info with everyone), being creative, learning how to work in groups, and also improving their English by writing, researching, reading, listening, and speaking.

Here's the layout of our 4 week project.

1st week= Explained the project, students got into teams, decided team leader and group name, choose a topic and began brainstorming with a tree graphic organizer
2nd week= Students did research using the computers and English books/magazines/newspapers that I brought to class.
Week 3= Students made their project and wrote/ practiced their scripts for the upcoming presentation.
Week 4= Students presented their project and I chose one winner for each class. They received a chocolate pie treat.



The students in general did a great job with the project(minus some of the lazy and bad boys!) and seemed to really enjoy the project, instead of the typical lectures and listen/repeat that they have in their other classes. Here are some photos of the students work in progress. I was really proud of them and one of my girls' class did an excellent job presenting in front of the camera, since I had to be video-taped/inspected for my company EPIK in order to be renewed.

I will show some photos from their finished projects when I return at the end of August. However, I want to share some of the projects with those at home attending the wedding party as a special surprise so don't want to give it away yet!























The next week after their presentations was their finals, and then the following week the English teachers and I looked over all the winners from 1st and 2nd grade (7th and 8th grade) and chose one final winner from each grade to win the pizza party with Tina Teacher!

Here are some photos from the pizza party! I have videos too of them saying hi from Jeju Dong Middle School! They wanted to make it short and sweet though, because they were eying the pizza boxes and hungry for the treat!




The Winners!!



2nd Grade



1st Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment