The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 18 July 2010

Sports' Day




I never posted this from May, but we had a sport's day at our school. Have I mentioned this before in my blog? Oops if I have, but if not, here's what the day consisted of....along with some fun photos of my students/teachers.

The students have a "Sport's Day" each year in the spring in the elementary and middle schools. Our school had competitions going on each day. Students were very excited because not only did they not have class, but they also didn't have to wear the usual school uniforms, plus they were able to hang out with their friends all day. The students were in teams I think by their class and some of the teams made posters or had face paint in order to cheer their team on.

Games consisted of:

-tug-of-war
-a dodgeball type of sport played in the gym
-soccer in the school grounds
-a relay race around the school ground track
-and probably more games that I did not see (I only watched for part of the day)
-dancing for fun (some older boys in the school started randomly dancing to the K-pop music that was playing all day, they did break-dancing in front of a huge crowd and everyone cheered them on and crowded around them! Kids love hip hop music and dancing here!


The school asked me to help by reffing one of the dodgeball games, and also by striking this huge Korean traditional bell to announce the start of the tug-of-war game. That was fun! I felt very important:)


Most of the day for me was hanging out with some of my 1st and 2nd grade students (7th and 8th grade)who were announcing the events and video-recording the entire day. We sat under a tent in the middle of the fan area by the school ground and cheered on teams and I chatted with the students as they put body-paint on my cheek and hands. They wrote Tina in Korean and some hearts. Check it out in my photo! It was a fun and relaxing work day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment