The beginning of the big KT adventure!

The beginning of the big KT adventure!
I just got married to the most amazing man! Life is bliss!

Sunday 5 September 2010

Polynesian Wedding Party!!

WOW! Where do I even start? Well, a BIG thanks and cheers for a very successful Polynesian wedding party all planned and organized by my parents and also Keith's parents. You did such an amazing job!!

What do we have?

-Polynesian dancers (2nd generation from Samoa)
-a hired guitarist
-a tiki hut bar...with Mai Thai's, wine, kegs, champagne, etc.
-a professional photographer (thanks to Mary!)
-a chapel where a slideshow of our wedding in Samoa was played on a TV
-tons of delicious food...my mom's famous home-made guacamole, catered Adantes Italian pasta, sandwiches, chicken, etc., catered Chinese and Indian appetizers
-a huge white wedding cake
-a mini beach and bonfire
-wedding photos being displayed on a digital frame
-a Korean table set up to help teach you about the country and island where we are living
-great speeches (thanks to my dad, Ross, Candie, Tiff, and we cannot forget Tom's speech...but I'm sure he can! :)


and of course....the amazing guests! We had about 230 family and friends there to celebrate our special day with us! We appreciate everyone making the effort to come! We loved seeing you there!



To help you visualize the amazing party....

As the guests arrived, Keith and I were near the entrance (between my house and my grandparents' house) to greet our family and friends. The entrance included a "chapel", which was a TV set up on a table that displayed the slideshow of wedding photos and music from our wedding in Samoa. There were chairs so the guests could sit down and enjoy video and pretend like they were actually there at the ceremony.

The guests could then check out the other tables set up near the entrance, which included a guest-book and gift basket, and a table that showed our Korean wedding photo album and also photos from our actual wedding. And there was also a table that I had put together...Learn About Korean Culture. My students had worked for an entire month on group projects in which they were supposed to create a poster, magazine, book, video or PPT which teaches America about one topic of Korean culture. The students did a GREAT job so I presented them on the table, along with a Jeju scrapbook I had made from our experiences last year, along with information/trivia about Korea and displaying gifts that I had sent home to my family from Korea. I hope at least some of the guests had time to check out this table.

The guests then continued walking to the backyard, where they entered the "reception party", which Keith and I had to travel far to get to! The cute idea was thought of by my parents:)


During the party, Keith and I made our rounds talking to all of our guests. It was so great to see everyone! We saw family, friends, neighbors, family friends, my siblings' friends, our parents' friends, relatives, and even my favorite 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Clubb! Some people we had not seen for a long time so it was nice that they made it out and that we could quickly catch up. I'm not going to lie though, it is very overwhelming to be the spotlight of the party and to go around and try to talk to nearly 250!! It's tough to do!

Well, the entire day was filled with great Polynesian performances, great music, including the guitarist...we had many compliments on him, great food, dancing, and many wedding photos. We were posing throughout the whole event, whether it was for the photographer or for our guests. We had a beautiful place to take photos...right in front of my mom's colorful garden and waterfall!

It seemed like there was something for everyone to do too. Friends of ours went up and danced with the Polynesian dancers or were included in their show wearing ridiculous Samoan or Tahitian outfits! My lil neighbor, Jakob, especially had a fun time dancing up there with the clothing and lei! Then there were some people playing bags (which we had a bunch of set up), there were many others enjoying all the drinks at the tiki bar. And a special thanks to Ricky, Tom, Tom's friends, Mike Moore, and Connor for helping out serving the drinks. Also, thanks to Alex and Melissa for helping my mom serve the drinks and appetizers! All the little kids enjoyed playing in the beach sand, and others just socialized and and caught up with one another.


We could't have been more happier to have everyone all in one place at the same time. I hope everyone enjoyed the party and also the little Jeju stone people that everyone brought home. It was an amazing party and I will share the photographer's photos form the party on here as soon as I get them!


Thanks again for being a special part of our big day!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment